Scholarships for Women
Jeannette Rankin Foundation
Since 1978, Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund has awarded scholarships to help over 500 women across the United States attend college. Applications are now available for the 2010 school year.
An applicant for a JRF scholarship must be:
- A woman, age 35 or older.
- A U.S. citizen.
- Enrolled in, or accepted to, a regionally or ACICS accredited school.
- Pursuing a technical or vocational education, an associate’s degree, or a first bachelor’s degree.
Website: Jeannette Rankin Foundation
Possible Woman Foundation
PWFI believes that teamwork, integrity, collaboration and passion are the key elements in achieving “What’s Possible” and enabling women to support themselves and their families.
PWFI’s goals include:
- The accumulation and disbursement of scholarship funds for non-traditional women to enhance academic pursuits, to attend conferences and to take advantage of other learning opportunities. The funds provide these women, who have not previously been able to experience these types of scholarship opportunities, with the chance to grow, learn, and develop their possibilities;
- Creation of a network of women who can offer guidance and support to scholarship recipients.
Website: Possible Woman Foundation
Patsy Takemoto Mink Foundation
Established in 2003, the Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation aims to carry on some of Congresswoman Mink’s most ardent commitments: educational access, support, and opportunity for low-income women, especially mothers; and educational enrichment for children.
Website: Patsy Takemoto Mink Foundation