Once international applicants receive their letter of acceptance of admissions, CBT College will issue an I-20 form. This form is required to apply for an F-1 student visa. Please read below or visit the nearest U.S. Embassy in your country for requirements and a checklist to assure a speedy application process:
The prospective nonimmigrant student outside the United States must:
- Apply to, and be accepted by CBT College.
- Be able to pay for the cost of schooling and living expenses while in the United States and furnish proof of sufficient funding to the school. Nonimmigrant students should not expect to work to pay expenses.
- Attend school full-time.
- After receiving the Form I-20, the prospective nonimmigrant student must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee at www.fmjfee.com
- The prospective nonimmigrant student must then obtain a student visa from an embassy or consulate abroad or, if from a visa exempt country such as Canada or Bermuda, apply for admittance at a U.S. POE.
- After obtaining an F-1 visa, the prospective student may apply for entry into the United States through a U.S. POE no more than 30 days prior to the program start date on the student’s Form I-20.
The prospective nonimmigrant student within the United States must:
- Be in the United States in a valid nonimmigrant status and eligible to change to F-1 or M-1 status (See USCIS website on who may change status).
- Have received a letter of acceptance of admissions form CBT College, receive a Form I-20, and pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- Use a Form I-539 to apply to USCIS for a change of status.
- Receive approval from USCIS for the change of status.
Document Checklist for your F-1 Student Visa Application
- Letter of Acceptance from CBT College
- Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status for Academic and Language Student or Form I-20M-N, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Students.
- A completed non-immigrant visa application
- A receipt to show payment of the visa application fee
- A receipt to show payment of the SEVIS I-901 fee
- One (1) 2×2 photograph
- Official transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions attended
- Scores from standardized tests required by CBT College such as TOEFL (unless English is your native language or you are enrolling in the ESL program).
- Financial evidence that shows that the student or student’s sponsor has sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses during the period of intended study. For example, official bank statement or bank letter showing the minimum required amount for student’s tuition and living expenses.