How to Apply
English Language Proficiency:
Before submitting your application online, please note that all applicants who did not graduate from native English-speaking country will be required to provide adequate proof of English Language Proficiency, Please read below to learn more about the English Language Proficiency Exemptions:
English language proficiency can be demonstrated by the following methods:
- TOEFL score
- IELTS score
- Completion of CBT College’s ESL program
- US High School Diploma
- English Composition I with C or high from an accredited US college/university
Applicants are exempt from the English Language Proficiency Requirement if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Earned a high school diploma, Associates of Arts, Associates of Science degree from an accredited U.S. high school, college or university. Please note that completion of a GED does not waive the English Language Requirement.
- Letter needed from previous institution stating that all classes were in English with school seal.
- Completed the equivalent of a high school education in one of the following countries:
Recognized English-speaking Countries
|Anguilla||Fiji Islands||St. Vincent & the Grenadines|
|Antigua||Grenada||St. Kitts & Nevis|
|Belize||Liberia||Trinidad & Tobago|
|British Virgin Islands||New Zealand||U. S. Virgin Islands|
|Sierra Leone||West Indies|
|Cayman Islands||South Africa||Zimbabwe|
A student who wishes to enter one of CBT College’s programs and does not have the required proof of English proficiency can apply for conditional admission. This would require the student to enroll and successfully complete CBT’s ESL language program prior to starting classes in an academic program.
In order to begin your application to attend our school as an international student, please complete the following steps:
Step1 – Please complete and send us the following documents:
- International Student Application Form
- Signed International Student Agreement
- Copy of Valid Passport (Copy of your identification page with your picture, date issued and expiration date, as well as any other stamped pages)
- Notarized CBT College Affidavit of Support Form**
- Official document of financial support demonstrating a minimum balance of $22,000.00 for ESL and $32,000.00 for degree (USD). An additional amount of $3,000 U.S. dollars is required for each dependent.
- High school official transcripts and certificates (All transcripts and certificates need to be officially translated in English)
- Proof of English Proficiency for degree students (TOEFL/IELTS/Completion of CBT ESOL/US High School Diploma/English Composition I)*
- I-20 Application Form
- International Student Transfer Form (Transfer Students only).
- Current I-20 (Transfer Students only).
- Copy of I-94 (Only for students applying within the United States) https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html
- Official College Transcripts (College Credits Transfer Evaluation)
Step 2 – Once we have received all of the enrollment documents (Step 1), we will send you a provisional acceptance letter, payment process and enrollment agreement.
- We will then need the following:
- Completed Enrollment Agreement
- A non-refundable application fee of $250 (USD)
- A Tuition Deposit of 50% of the First Semester Cost (see below)***
Step3 – After we have received the items from Step 2, we will mail you an acceptance letter and an I-20.
Once admitted to CBT College, an acceptance packet will be mailed to you with necessary immigration information within four to six weeks of acceptance. You will be responsible for paying the I-901 SEVIS Fee of $200.00 to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). For more information about SEVIS fees, visit: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/
For students applying in the U. S. and transferring from another institution to CBT College please complete the items on the Application Checklist, along with the International Student Transfer Form.
IMPORTANT – Refund Policy:
A 50% of first semester’s tuition in USD deposit is required for CBT College to issue your I-20 Certificate Form, and will be applied to your total tuition cost. The I-20 Certificate will not be sent until the tuition deposit and all required academic and financial documents are received. This deposit will be refunded if written notice of cancellation is received at least 30 days prior to the starting date of the semester for which the student has been accepted, or if the student is refused admission to the college, or if the student is denied a student visa. In the event of a visa denial, written proof of the denial from the US Embassy with a reimbursement from to receive the refund.
- Credit Card ( Master Card, VISA, Discover )
- Wire Transfer to CBT College Account
- Money Order
Please contact the office for wire transfer bank information.
International Student Admissions
8700 W. Flagler St, Suite 420
Miami, Florida 33174
Telephone: + 305-537-5896
Chat with us Live on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361603577206014/