How to Apply
English Language Proficiency:
Before submitting your application online, please note that all applicants who did not graduate from native English-speaking country will be required to provide adequate proof of English Language Proficiency, Please read below to learn more about the English Language Proficiency Exemptions:
English language proficiency can be demonstrated by the following methods:
- TOEFL score
- IELTS score
- Completion of CBT College’s ESL program
- US High School Diploma
- English Composition I with C or high from an accredited US college/university
Applicants are exempt from the English Language Proficiency Requirement if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Earned a high school diploma, Associates of Arts, Associates of Science degree from an accredited U.S. high school, college or university. Please note that completion of a GED does not waive the English Language Requirement.
- Letter needed from previous institution stating that all classes were in English with school seal.
- Completed the equivalent of a high school education in one of the following countries:
Recognized English-speaking Countries
|Anguilla||Fiji Islands||St. Vincent & the Grenadines|
|Antigua||Grenada||St. Kitts & Nevis|
|Belize||Liberia||Trinidad & Tobago|
|British Virgin Islands||New Zealand||U. S. Virgin Islands|
|Sierra Leone||West Indies|
|Cayman Islands||South Africa||Zimbabwe|
A student who wishes to enter one of CBT College’s programs and does not have the required proof of English proficiency can apply for conditional admission. This would require the student to enroll and successfully complete CBT’s ESL language program prior to starting classes in an academic program.
In order to begin your application to attend our school as an international student, please complete the following steps:
Step1 – Please complete and send us the following documents:
- International Student Application Form
- Signed International Student Agreement
- Copy of Valid Passport (Copy of your identification page with your picture, date issued and expiration date, as well as any other stamped pages)
- Notarized CBT College Affidavit of Support Form**
- Official document of financial support demonstrating a minimum balance of $22,000.00 for ESL and $32,000.00 for degree (USD). An additional amount of $3,000 U.S. dollars is required for each dependent.
- High school official transcripts and certificates (All transcripts and certificates need to be officially translated in English)
- Proof of English Proficiency for degree students (TOEFL/IELTS/Completion of CBT ESOL/US High School Diploma/English Composition I)*
- I-20 Application Form
- International Student Transfer Form (Transfer Students only).
- Current I-20 (Transfer Students only).
- Copy of I-94 (Only for students applying within the United States) https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html
- Official College Transcripts (College Credits Transfer Evaluation)
Step 2 – Once we have received all of the enrollment documents (Step 1), we will send you a provisional acceptance letter, payment process and enrollment agreement.
- We will then need the following:
- Completed Enrollment Agreement
- A processing fee of $150 (USD)
- A Tuition Deposit of 50% of the First Semester Cost (see below)***
Step3 – After we have received the items from Step 2, we will mail you an acceptance letter and an I-20.
Once admitted to CBT College, an acceptance packet will be mailed to you with necessary immigration information within four to six weeks of acceptance. You will be responsible for paying the I-901 SEVIS Fee of $200.00 to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). For more information about SEVIS fees, visit: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/
Note: High School transcripts for international students must be translated and validated for high school equivalency by a member of the Association of International Credentials Evaluates (AICE), the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRO), or the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
For students applying in the U. S. and transferring from another institution to CBT College please complete the items on the Application Checklist, along with the International Student Transfer Form.
IMPORTANT – Refund Policy:
All international students must have sufficient funds to pay for the registration fee, tuition, textbooks, living expenses, health insurance, transportation, in addition to other incidental expenses while attending college in the United States. Documented evidence of means of financial support must be provided to the College of Business & Technology for admission purposes and
issuance of the F-1 Student Visa. For more information on how to get acquire an F-1 Student Visa, please refer back to the International Student Handbook, or email email@example.com, or ask for the International Division.
It is mandatory for all international students to submit the registration fee and down payment before the application is processed and the I-20 form is issued. However, please note that if you apply for the student visa and it is denied, we will refund the down payment (with the exception of the registration fee) within 30 business days of the visa denial. Please note that a letter
from the embassy stating why the visa was denied is required in order to receive the refund. Cancellation of the application by the student must be made by certified mail or in person and in writing.
If a student is transferring to another institution, a transfer must be complete in order to qualify for any refund as stipulated below. See your International Student Division for details and instructions.
A student with an incomplete transfer will not be entitled to a refund and may also risk falling out of status under the regulations provided by Immigration Customs and Enforcement.
A student who withdraws before the first day of class and after the 5-day cancellation period shall be obligated for the Processing Fee and Shipping Fee.
A student who starts class and withdraws during the first full calendar week of the academic semester shall be obligated for twenty-five percent of the tuition and refundable fees for that academic term plus the Processing Fee and Shipping Fee.
A student who withdraws during the second full calendar week of the academic semester shall be obligated for fifty percent of the tuition and refundable fees for that academic term plus the Processing Fee and Shipping Fee.
A student who withdraws during the third full calendar week of the academic semester shall be obligated for seventy-five per cent of the tuition and refundable fees for that academic term plus the Processing Fee and Shipping Fee.
A student who withdraws beginning the fourth full calendar week of the academic semester will not be entitled to a refund of any portion of the tuition and fees. If the College does not accept the enrolment, all monies paid by the student to the College shall be refunded with the exception of the processing fee and shipping fee, and the student and College shall be released from further obligation.
If student is entitled to a refund under the specified semester, payment will be made within 30 days of the official withdrawal date. Dismissal can also occur: A student can be dismissed at the discretion of the Director, for insufficient progress, non-payment of financial obligations, or failure to comply with rules. Should this occur, student may risk falling out of status.
- Credit Card ( Master Card, VISA, Discover )
- Wire Transfer to CBT College Account
- Money Order
Please contact the office for wire transfer bank information.
International Student Admissions
8700 W. Flagler St, Suite 420
Miami, Florida 33174
Telephone: + 305-537-5896
Chat with us Live on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361603577206014/